Friday, June 12, 2009

Trusting Mom.

I was lying on the play room floor with Sam. He was playing demolition derby with his cars. I grabbed one that he didn't want for the derby and was driving it around him. Then I noticed...
...the steering wheel is on the wrong side. So I say, "Hey, the steering wheel's on the wrong side". Sam looks at it, goes back to his derby, and says, "It's from New York". I asked why he says it's from New York. He said because the steering wheel is on the wrong side. So I ask why that means it's from New York. He just shrugged and said that's what I told him. Hmmm... Oh, you mean Europe. That's another country. And the steering wheels are on the other side in their cars. He just looked at me with his big brown eyes and said, "Oooohhhh...."

I love that he trusted something I "said" even though he most likely didn't understand it and it really didn't mean much to him. Except that he has believed that New Yorkers drive with the steering wheel on the wrong side for some time now. I wonder what else is in his little brain.....

1 comment:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Well- they are crazy drivers so maybe their steering wheels are on the wrong side! I like that you play demolition with your boys!

L.