Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Some Handiwork.

I own a sewing machine. I don't claim to be a great sewer... as in someone who sews... as opposed to a place where rats are known to swim. I love to sew blankets for my kiddos when they are finally in my arms. I can sew a straight line. Nothing fancy. I tried to sew a skirt once. It was tossed quicker than you could say, "What is that thing?!"

Recently I bought my boys each a pair of comfy pants at DI. I also bought them each a pair of church pants. How do you put holes in a pair of pants you only wear 3 hours once a week?? Only Sam could know the answer to that. The problem with all these bottoms was the waists were ginormous! And there were no pull thingys in the church pants. Usually that's how I buy them. I have no excuse. But I was in a hurry.

My tale brings me to these pictures....

Isaac's comfy pants. See that loop at the top? I sewed that loop to help them stay on his skinny fanny. I also did it to Sam's. He's wearing his to bed...and they won't slip off while he's sleepng!
These are Sam's church pants. I was more careful in how I sewed these. I tucked in the sides. Have you noticed the red thread? No? Well then, nevermind.
And Isaac's church pants. And, yes, I put an "S" and an "I" on the waist bands. They are different sizes, but not different enough that I can tell!
I don't have before pictures because I just thought about blogging this.
And after I sewed them I remembered that there is a sewing thingy for Enrichment tomorrow night. Oh well. We're getting ready to go camping and I can't go anyway. (Sorry Jen.)
I feel so sewy! I wanted to sew more and even went through the kids' closets and drawers. Then my closet and drawers.
Nothin'!
So I humbly put my machine back in the basement where it usually sits.
Soon I hope to be sewing a new blankie for baby #4! Yay!!
In the meantime, I'll just enjoy that my boys' pants won't fall to their ankles anymore!
I'm pretty proud of myself.

4 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I am proud of you too! When I moved one time someone said- "who's sewing machine is that" as if it couldn't be mine :) Yes- mine is in the basement and I too can sew a straight line- that's about it

Susie said...

Some good handiwork!!

Hollyween said...

Hey, your sewing is PRO compared to mine. I have to buy EVERYTHING with adjustable waist because Levi is such a skinny butt!

Kim said...

That is so great! I DO sew (though not often) and I wouldn't even try to fix waists of pants. Great job!