Saturday, January 24, 2009

A Belated Magical Christmas Moment.

I must always have a whisk. It's just a simple fact. For eggs. For gravy. For French toast mixing. For pudding. For sauces. For...well, you get the idea. For Christmas I got 4 new whisks. Of the We Whisk You A Merry Christmas kind. 2 from Daniel's parents, 1 from one friend and one from another friend. I thought, "What in the world will I do with all these whisks?" Ladies and Gentlemen, I was mixing a white sauce the other day for a Macaroni and Cheese dinner (watch my Make a Meal on Monday for the recipe) and all of a sudden, my whisk broke! I couldn't stop mixing to step over and get another of the many whisks I now own.
So I yell to Daniel, "Help! Come find me a whisk! Hurry! This is hot and it's burning my hand!" You see, the handle had just snapped off and I was now holding on to the tiny metal part where the wires meet each other. He ran over and started going through drawers looking for a whisk. "Where is a whisk?" Huh? Come on. "LOOK WITH YOUR EYES...MY HAND IS BURNING!" He then found a whisk and took over for me.

So the point of this post is to thank all those who gave us a whisk as a Christmas gift this year. I have never been so thankful for the simplicity of Whisking someone a Merry Christmas.

So I am Whisking you all A Wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I love whisks too, though i don't have such an extensive collection. I used to have that little one from Pampered Chef. It broke a long time ago and I've never replaced it. I loved that one-perfect for chocolate milk.

Crissy said...

Seriously?! That is so funny! I Whisk you a fun time with your new Whisks!