Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Get Your Freak On

Last night at dinner my kids were talking about wanting to stay up till 9. (Um, no) So I said "You can't stay up till 9 because there are freaks out then." "What???" So I start singing, "The Freaks Come Out At Nine..."

Take me back to 8th grade! 1984. Uhuh. I know. Many of you weren't even born yet. Whodini. Remember them? The era when many would wear one glove, tight pants and zippers in everything. Feathers in our hair. Get your cassette tapes out and get ready to push Record when the DJ says Whodini is coming up next. (Or Madonna. Or Michael Jackson. Or Culture Club. Or Chaka Khan. Or Deniece Williams. Or Hall & Oats. Or...oh, stop me now!) Where's my boombox??

Oh, you know who you are! The Freaks Come Out At Night. The Freaks Come Out At Night. THE FREAKS COME OUT!

So I just changed one word and told my kids that the freaks come out at nine. So they have to be in bed by 8. Hey, it worked.


My Freaks...
Wait. No. They are way too cute to be freaks. That's why they go to bed by 8. If you ask Ruthie when the freaks come out, she'll sing, "The Freaks Come Out At Nine..." I love it!
Hut 1 Hut 2. Hut Hut Hut...

1 comment:

Crissy said...

LOL!!! You crack me up!