Monday, January 5, 2009

Make A Meal Monday

What do you get when you combine a dish full of Tater Tots..
And a pan ful of creamy meat sauce?
Tater Tot Casserole.

Now I understand the cheese looks, well, yucky. But what can I say? This one of the few things ALL my kids will eat without complaining.

Tater Tot Casserole
1 pound ground beef, cooked, drained. Add 1-2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup (depending on how saucy you like it!). Add a dash or 2 of garlic powder.

Pour over a layer or two of tots, slightly thawed.

Put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Add cheese to the top and bake another 3-5 minutes.

YUMMY!



8 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

It does look kind of yucky but I bet it tastes great! Tater tots remind me of my childhood - haven't had them in awhile but love them!

Crissy said...

Yummy! Tater tots are my fav! Even though they really aren't good for me, LOL! I will have to try this! Thanks for the recipe, Jennie :)

Sarah said...

Love tater tot casserole. But I really love your food storage room/storage. Totally jealous!!!

Hollyween said...

I've been behind, but I am now officially caught up on your blog and BOY DOES that tater tot casserole look good right now. You're such a good cook Jennie. I've been lucky enough to sample lots of your food (being that you're the best Vteacher in the world, but don't tell my present vteachers that) and it's all YUMMY! I still make your easy lasagna toss all the time. It's a favorite for sure!

Make a meal Monday is a fun idea. LOVE. IT.

Kim said...

This is my husband's absolute favorite dinner! I also love your make a meal monday's, just wish the blogs could spit out a sample for all to try, can you see what you can do about that?

Laurie said...

I love this. But my kids are so picky about it and won't eat it. I'll come eat with your family!

Kristi said...

I have a hard time thinking anything covered in cheese could look yucky! I'm going to have to try this one. Thanks for posting your recipes.

Kim said...

Oh the cheese looks scrumptious! Thanks for the recipe! I have a 1/2 cow that I need to use up.