Monday, January 19, 2009

Make A Meal Monday

I know no one liked last week's meal. Daniel thought it was funny that so many people hate Shepherd's Pie. I can't please everyone. I do my best. But, I fall short sometimes. It's easy for me to fall short because, well, I am short. Five foot...ummm...two. Yep, that's it! I hope you enjoy this one. It's from my sister Katie. So I won't be discouraged if you don't like it. I'll just blame it on her. But we all love this meal at our house. I hope you will, too.


Skillet Sticky Chicken
1 1/2-2 pounds chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
1/2-1 small onion, slivered (optional)
1 small green bell pepper, seeded, slivered (optional)
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
In a large pan, saute onions and pepper until semi soft. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes more. Add chicken and cook until just done.
Mix together:
1 Package Onion Soup Mix
1/4-1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup jam (apricot, peach, jalapeno)
1/4-1/2 cup Water
Pour over the chicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce has reduced. Serve over rice.
See all the (optional)s up there?? I haven't ever used those ingredients. No one here likes bell peppers and I just rarely have fresh mushrooms. So I just put a bit of Olive Oil in the pan and start with the chicken. I usually only use 1/2 a package of the soup mix. I have only used homemade apricot jammmmm.
Try it. You'll like it!
Seriously!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

That looks yummy!

Mama Bear said...

Funny that people don't like shepherd's pie. It is one of Tony's all time favorites and he even requests it sometimes. This chicken looks good, I'll have to try it sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Yummy stuff! And this recipe came from my home teacher, so if anyone out there doesn't like it, don't blame me either! - Katie

Misty said...

Shepherds pie is my kids' favorite and Russ' too! I am excited to try this recipe! It looks delicious! Thanks!

Crissy said...

You talked me into it! This looks delicious!!