Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Sarajune Project

This morning Ruthie and I took a trip to the local grocer to pick up some prescriptions and decided to make the trip more fun by picking up a donut. Or 2. Okay, 4. I have 3 kids and I need one, too. We ran into a mom from last year's Joy School. She had her baby not too long ago so we looked at the cuteness.

As we walked over to the donut section, Ruthie said, "I really don't want to look at any more babies. Unless it's Sarajune."

Today we celebrate 28 months of endless waiting. Is celebrate the right word? No. We are tired of waiting. Tired of questions. Tired of not being done with our family and not being able to do anything about it. We're just tired.

In less than 2 weeks the Spring Festival starts. We call it Chinese New Year here in America. In China it's just called Spring Festival. And it lasts 2 weeks. Do you think anyone would complain if we took a 2 week vacation from everything? In China they do. Not complain. They take a 2 week long vacation. No one complains.

I have already made arrangements to go to Isaac's class to do my CNY presentation. I am working on getting a time set up for Sam's class. I got Ruthie's new Chinese dress the other day. She grew out of the old one. The boys still fit in their Chinese outfits. If I don't fit in my Chinese jacket, I'll just wear my Chinese scarf. Daniel's Chinese ties are still in good shape. When we wear our Chinese outfits to church on January 25, people will most likely ask if we are wearing our Chinese clothes to celebrate that we are going to go get our baby! I will again say No, we're just celebrating Chinese New Year. When we go get our baby, you and everyone in a 55 mile radius will know!! Trust me!

I'm looking forward to Chinese food for dinner on Monday the 26th. I love putting up our CNY decorations outside and inside. I really like that everything is red. It's my favorite color.

And I really don't want to look at any more babies. Unless it's Sarajune.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Amen! I feel the exact same way! You are awesome and continue to be my example of "joy in the journey" even if we say it through clenched teeth sometimes! Love ya!

Andrea said...

Amen from me too! I am soooo ready for this to be done with.

Crissy said...

Oh!! Me too! Count me in on the not looking at anymore. Babies are cute, but I want to see yours first! And Soon! you all so deserve it!

Hollyween said...

Jennie, the Sarajune project is a hard one. Don't know what to say besides that. I wouldn't want to look at anymore babies either. But I'm sure gonna want to look at that one when she gets here.

And I definitely want to look at another one from ME. It's a waiting game for us... AGAIN.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Amen from me too! I was going to write that before I saw the other posts- really :)

I can't even bring myself to celebrate CNY.....too tough. I want to look Sarajune and Baby Li!