Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sweetum-isms

Daniel calls Ruthie Sweetums. It's cute. Our sweetums has said some funny things lately. I thought I'd share...
Sunday night while having a movie night and cuddling on the couch...
Me: "Ouch, your head is hurting my leg. Lay your head on my tummy."
Sweetums: "Oh, mommy, your tummy is the softest tummy in the whole world."
Tonight at dinner while discussing the children's desire to go somewhere very expensive...
Dad: "That would cost a lot of money."
Sweetums: "You could start saving your money now by not spending any money this weekend!"
Now that the world is aware that my tummy is the softest in the world and that Daniel and I apparently become big spenders on the weekend, I have a question for you...
Who is Sweetums?
And I am not referring to my daughter. Go on and guess. Let me know. I'll give you a plate of cookies if you can tell me who Sweetums is and/or in what movie s/he can be found.
I dare you!

3 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I think it's sam

Crissy said...

???

Unknown said...

Sweetums is from Jim Hensen's Frog Prince. When Christina was little, we must have listened to it 1000+ times. She had the whole thing memorized. :) How will you get the cookies to me?