Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cute Quips.

On our way home from our last day of summer lunch celebration, we talked about the cars we are looking at. We will be replacing the van asap. I'll explain later.

So we are talking about where everyone will sit and the subject of new baby comes up. Sam and Ruthie then go into this whole conversation...

Sam: "Mom, you could be pregnant and have a baby."

Me: "I would die. I can't be pregnant."

Ruthie: "It could be an accident. Oops."

Me: Laughing hysterically!

Sam: "Well what if you were pregnant and Heavenly Father made it so you didn't die."

Me: "That would be a miracle, wouldn't it? But I don't think I will be pregnant again. How about if our next baby comes to us through adoption?"

The Kids: "Okay. The baby can sit....." then a whole bunch of answers like "by me" "in the middle" "over here" Etc.

Then later in the day, I was showing pictures of the car Daniel will look at tomorrow and Isaac suggests this...

Isaac: "I know. We can pay $100 in tithing in one week and then you could have a baby and not die."

Me: a little choked up..."Well, that would show a lot of faith, wouldn't it?"

Me: I tell Daniel what Isaac just suggested...

Me: "We show our faith by paying our tithing all the time. What else could we do to show our faith?"

Daniel: "What if we fast and pray?"

Isaac: "Okay. But if we pay a lot of tithing, we might get our baby."

And that's what went on in our family today.

My faith just grew a hundred fold. I might be able to move a mountain soon.

1 comment:

Kim said...

What wonderful faithful children you have. I hope you get to fill that seat soon, whichever it ends up being!

I have been wondering when you are getting a new car - since you have been dreaming about it and all.