Saturday, February 21, 2009

There Comes A Time...

...In every wife's marriage when she has no other choice but to depend solely upon her husband's judgement for a monumental purchase. A purchase so important that a single misstep will ruin the wife forever and the husband will surely pay. That time came today for me. I woke up with a tremendous headache and could hardly move. Daniel helped get me up and fed and Excedrined. He then announced that he, yes he, would be going to Target with Isaac and while there would purchase the baby girl shower gift I need later today. Excuse Me? Say What? After many pleas and complaints and very SPECIFIC instructions, I placed my trust in my man and sent him on his way. He called me from the store and described what he was holding. I said okay. Get it. It sounds very nice. Upon his return, this is what I laid my eyes upon...
He even purchased a very pertinent gift bag. (For which I have no matching tissue paper, but I can make do. I am a woman after all!) The gift will not disgrace the wife. The husband will still surely pay. And I can say he will certainly enjoy paying this price.

Have a Super Saturday!

6 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

He's got good taste....yes- bold move trusting a man to a shower gift :) Rob has a hard time picking colors that match:)

Misty said...

Cute! He did a good Job! I hope you are feeling better!

Crissy said...

What a fabulous job he did! Such a cute outfit :)

Sarah said...

Very impressive! That outfit is really cute.

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you all how a man shops compared to a woman. First the woman: After picking through every rack for 3 hours she finally decides on 5 or 6 items to choose from. The Guy (me) walks in, looks at the first rack he comes to, which also happens to be the clearance rack; grabs the first item that fulfills the requirements; puts it in his basket and then goes and hanges out in the electronics department.

Kim said...

I think it's cute! Good job Daniel! That was very generous of him to offer to shop for you. I hope you are feeling better by now!

Daniel - you are funny. At least you shop.