Monday, February 16, 2009

Make Up Monday

OK. Time to buckle down. Time to get serious. There is just a lot to catch up on in the blogging sphere. Not to mention the broken braces wire that necessitated an emergency trip to the orthodontist this morning. The "weekend" mess covering the entire house. The mangy dishes in my kitchen sink. The smell coming from the kids' bathroom. The laundry that still sits in the dryer. The popcorn I promised to make for a snack. What Am I Going To Make For Dinner?? Sam wants a cake that looks like King Boo for our FHE treat. Shall I go on? OK. I'll stop.

We had a fantastic Valentine's Day. Daniel got me Cranford. *SiGh* Oh *Big SIgH* I love it. And Daniel actually watched it with me. Love. True Love! We ate chocolates and sipped Sparkling Cider and ... Well. You know. We had fun. But Saturday was going to be a big day!


All My Valentines.... (I acknowledge the fact that the picture is blurry. I mean how can I not. I just can't change the fact that this is by far the Best picture of all my Valentines on Saturday!) (So there!)
And this is our Family Valentine...
The Monster Jam!
There is just nothing better than sitting in a large arena with screaming fans and dirt flying and loud engines and tattoos everywhere and big cups of beer coming in from the concession stand and so-so amounts of Cotton Candy going for $10 and exhaust permeating the air. Oh. It was FUN!
Sam was glued to the arena floor!
Ruthie doesn't look like it, but she had a fabulous time!
Isaac stood and cheered a lot for his faves!
After the Monster competition, there was a motor cross free for all.
They jumped and flipped...
and wowed the audience!
But back to the Monster Trucks!
WAIT! They did these little truck races that not one of my Valentines cared for. Not enough noise!
Now, really back to the Monster Trucks.
During the freestyle, Ruthie took a little nap. I don't know how. But she did!
Doesn't it look like a toy truck?
This one is turning in circles which caused the most noise of the evening. What did you say?? I can't hear you!
On the way home, all my Valentines got a Dilly Bar. Yum!
Okay. Now that is caught up. I need to get my Picture Project going while the cake is baking. Forget the bathroom. That will just have to wait.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad to see an update!

Crissy said...

How Fun!! We always want to go to that, but never remember when they are having it! Love the "Toy" looking picture :)

Crissy said...

P.S. Sorry to hear about the Braces! I hope everything is better now.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Wow- looks like fun! I am guessing having boys leads to these type of outings. James would fit right in ;)