Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Once Upon A Time... Part 21

I had realized that my plans for a single life had to be rearranged. I was really disappointed that I wouldn't be able to work in the temple. The time was closing in to start my training. My mom said they would be more happy to know I was getting married than upset that I couldn't work there. So I called and told them I was getting married and would be moving to another area and wouldn't be able to work there. She thanked me and offered congratulations.

Dan and I had talked about where we would live. Dan's brother was building a house and he suggested maybe we get an apartment and then build. Umm. No. We talked about living close to where I worked so I could work until we had a baby. I said no thanks. His job was the one that would be long term. So we began an online search for a house closer to where he worked.

I had told Dave, my boss, that I was getting married at the end of April. I also told him my long termness as his office manager would be coming to an end. He was ticked. I could tell. But the guys that I worked with told me to just ignore it because he would be able to find someone else. Yep. I'm so easily replaced.

Dan found a couple of homes and went to look at them while at lunch. He showed me one that was just recently built and needed a family. It was beautiful. It had an acre of property. It was a rambler with 3 bedrooms and a basement. It was just a couple of miles from his office and seemed perfect. He also showed me one that was a house with 3 different apartments in it. Um.
When he took me to see the house I fell in love. I knew this was where we would live. I loved the house. I loved that there was a big yard. I loved Dan!
We made an offer the same time as another family. I didn't see a need to look for another house. This was my house. We just needed to wait for the other family to realize this and move on.
They did. Our offer was accepted and we bought the house. YAY!! I was so excited.

We were home owners. We had a wedding date and everything was going smoothly. Dan had a lot of hair and we were both just so skinny. Everything was progressing smoothly and we were so happy. Life was good and we were not even started yet. Until next time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little did you know what you were getting yourselves into! - Katie

Crissy said...

I love these pictures of you and Daniel before you bought your house! I didn't know this was your first house since getting married. I can't believe it's been that many years already. Time flies!

Jen said...

Jenny, you have not changed at all! You look as gorgeous as ever! Daniel looks like a wee-babe, back then. I remember when you guys moved into our ward. I had no idea that you were newly weds!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I love the pictures! Expecially the one on the deck with the mountains in the background. Hey- I think you look great now!