Sunday, February 1, 2009

Project Picture.

Another 7 days. Another 7 pictures. Enjoy!

Monday...Chinese New Year. I have gone in to Isaac's school class for the last few years to talk about CNY and our traditions and our trip to China 4 years ago. This year I got to go to Sam's class, too. I give each of the kids a pair of chop sticks, a fortune cookie (which is NOT Chinese), a red envelope with a gold coin in it and a dragon mask to color.
Tuesday...In China they put red banners around their front doors. I made my own. They aren't quite what you'd see in China. But we're not in China. The top one is Spring, the middle is Good Fortune and the bottom is Good Luck.
Wednesday...I made dinner for a new mommy in our ward. (CUTE!!) I made rolls to go with dinner. I love raising rolls. They look like baby legs!
Thursday...More CNY stuff. This is a good luck banner that I put on our wall. (yes, the banner is backward.)
Friday...And even more CNY stuff. This is one of our lanterns. It is up ready for the Lantern Festival on February 9.
Saturday...Abbie's Tea Party. The girls all got a suitcase of makeup. The older girls got the blue eye shadow out and, well, you can see what happened. Ruthie was too shy to put it on. The looks on their faces and the crossed arms are due to the fact that they are "Rock Stars".
Sunday...Sam is into making things out of paper. This is his paper crown. He then put his blankie over his shoulders and told me to take a picture. The look was thrown in just as the picture was took. Are those your angry eyes, Sam?
Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Rising rolls do look like chubby baby legs! Makes me want to squish them! Neat pictures of your CNY decor!

Crissy said...

Love seeing your CNY decorations, Jennie! As I drive through the neighborhood, I can see something red from a distance and I know it's your CNY decorations. I have been craving Chinese ever since your post with the Chinese food in it.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Love the pictures - especially the Sassy ones

Kim said...

I love the CNY pics! How great that you get to share that with the kids' classes!

I never thought about rolls looking like baby legs, but yours definitely do! Too funny!

Kim said...

(Your rolls, not your legs) hehe!