Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Day In The Life.

Monday...We hit the Case Lot sale for FHE. This always includes a big ice cream cone at the end for good kids.
Tuesday...The boys walked down the sidewalk to the car on Monday after school in deep conversation. They were planning. They wanted to buy a Wii game with their money and were discussing what game to get. They worked out a game that they both would enjoy. On Tuesday they gave Daniel $20 in gold dollars so he could order the game on line for them. They now ask every day if their game has come. So far, no.
Wednesday...We picked some apples to eat for snack and Sam thought it would be great to cut through a few that had worms so he could study them. Then he just kept on going through all the apples and some potatoes. Funny guy!
Thursday...These are some of the Hubbard squash from our garden that have taken over our food storage room. Aren't they huge?! Ruthie got to be snack girl for school today and I did my Visiting Teaching. Yay!
Friday...Sam's class had an apple party. So we just went out and picked all the apples from the red apple tree so he could take some in to his class. I went to help and had tons of fun with him and his classmates. Daniel and I had a date to dinner and the temple. So relaxing!
Saturday...Daniel spent the day gathering all the potatoes. We now have several large boxes of potatoes in our food storage. We'll be eating potatoes for quite a while. I watched the General RS Conference in my jammies on my couch. Awesome!
Sunday...I got new counselors in my presidency today. I got teary when I was told my new counselors accepted...it meant it was real. I will miss you, Lori and Melanie! I am also excited for the new blood of two great ladies! These are just a sampling of the gourds and some small pumpkins from the garden.
As you can see, my picture thingy is working. All I needed to do was reboot my laptop.
Have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Wow- I am jealous of all your garden goodies. Next year- I may add some zucchini :)

Kim said...

I don't know what hubbard squash is but your gourds look so fallish and I love them! That is funny that he put open all of the worm apples and potatoes. That will be fun to have new counselors in Primary, even though I'm sure you'll miss your old ones. I love my calling but I could use a change right now too.