Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Garage Woes.

This morning 2 ugly guys came to replace the springs on the garage door. I'm sure they're not ugly on a permanent basis. But they came at 9am and I only got into certain attire to keep things from a-flappin' because I heard the truck pull up. They called Daniel to tell him they were here right before they rang the door bell. Ugly.

They put 2 brand spankin' new springs on. Beautiful. Then the guy said that because we had lifted the door while it was still hooked up, the teeth were worn and the door was slipping. He said it could last for months, days, a year. So we put the door up then down then up. I paid them. They left. I closed to door.

Time for a run to the store...I press the snazzy door opening button and it didn't open. Ruthie screamed and ran in the house thinking it was going to be like last week's scene. The teeth slipped and now we really need another opener. Darn.

It was running so wonderfully for the morning. So my van is in the driveway again. This time it's because I can't reach the door to pull it down when we leave. I'm short. I need a tall step stool. Nevermind. Emergency fund, here we come. Mama needs a new garage door opener!

3 comments:

Crissy said...

Oh Man! I am sorry to hear about your Woes! They are coming to fix mine tomorrow morning. I hope they aren't the same ugly guys!
We had to lift ours too to get the Jeep. This has become a neighborhood pain. I think that's why my neighbor across the street has been holding theirs up with a ladder. I wonder who's will be next.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

We had to replace a spring in my last house....it still never worked too well. I am happy to have a new garage and new opener. Not happy about how much I had to invest in it but- I do love it!

Kim said...

UGH! That totally stinks! Poor Ruthie was really traumatized, huh! Don't you hate when you have to dip into that emergency fund for something that isn't fun?!? I hope it gets fixed soon. At least it isn't raining or snowing yet but now you'll have to be sneakier about taking in your McDonald's lunches ;)