Friday, September 18, 2009

Human Again.

That's how I'm starting to feel. This week has been yucky...

Monday:
Ruthie started getting pale and sneezing and her eyes were super watery. Never a good sign.

Tuesday:
Ruthie is really pale, sneezy and can't get out of bed. She stays home from school. I start to sneeze. Thinking it's allergies, I take some allergy meds before bed. I don't sleep at all.

Wednesday:
Ruthie is feeling better and she doesn't want to miss centers. Centers are very important to a Kindergartner. Very. Since it's short day, I agree to send her to school. I, on the other hand, feel like crap. No, worse than crap. I can't breath and everything above my neck hurts. Except my earlobes. But the earlobes do start to hurt eventually. I can't even sit up. I am sicker than a dog. That is, if dogs get super duper sick. Daniel comes home from work and finds me in bed and unable to move. He gets tacos for dinner. Through the night, Isaac is coughing and sneezing and doesn't sleep. I don't sleep either.

Thursday:
Both boys are up and coughing and sneezing. I call the school and no one answers. Because I really need to go back to bed, I leave a message and then I drop. I sleep for 2 1/2 hours. Ruthie is feeling great and goes to school. My face doesn't hurt so much, but it doesn't matter. Even though I can feel that I am better than Wednesday, I still feel worse than crap. My boys are in bad shape. Especially Isaac. No one has a fever. No one has body aches. It's a head cold from h-e-l-l. Really. It is.

Friday:
The boys are slightly worse than yesterday. I call the school. Even though it's short day, they just can't go to school. Nothing as exciting in 2nd and 4th grade like there is in Kindergarten. Ruthie is coughing a fake cough and hoping I will ask her how she feels. When I do, she coughs a fake cough again and says she isn't feeling so good. Tough. I, on the other hand, feel great. Well...not great. But so much better than the last 2 days. My nose isn't stuffy and I'm not sneezy. My head only hurts slightly. I realize I haven't had a diet pepper in the last 2 days. I am enjoying one now. I actually feel human again.

Friday afternoon:
Everyone will be cleaning their rooms today. I will be going to the school to get the boys' work for yesterday and today. They will be doing said work this weekend. Sorry boys. Now that mom is on her feet again there is no mercy. When mom feels human, everybody pays!

9 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Its the Dr.! He always makes things better. Glad you guys are feeling better, being a sick mom is probably one of the worst things ever, especially when the kiddos are sick too.

Laurie said...

oh, man- what a crappy week. Glad you are feeling better. Hope the kids all get to feeling human too.

Jennifer B. said...

We've been having the same week but we do have fever & DR says its the flu for my two little ones. Hope your house is well again soon.

Susie said...

I had that same stuff! It was horrible. Glad you all survived!!

Kim said...

I've been thinkin' of you this week and how we were suposed to go to lunch and forgive me but, glad I didn't see ya! That stuff sounds nasty and I don't want it! LOL! Not really funny to you I am sure, right? Hope you all are 100% soon! I'll call you next week when the gamboo is gone!

Crissy said...

:( Man!! What a week! Glad you are starting to feel better!
I did pick you up a Diet DP! But Never dropped it off-- Some stinkin' friend I am, huh? You'll need some on Monday ;)
Hope everyone is on the road to recovery now!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh man- I have only had one of those days so far as a parent but- as a single parent I was thankful Rob was here when I was laying on the bathroom floor- hoping things would improve.....hoping he would get the baby when she woke up.

There is no way to get around it....when we're sick, we're sick! And as moms - we think we are invincible but- nope....something comes along and reminds us we're not.

Glad you're feeling better! You've got good kids so....they can support you (even when they are sick!).

Jen said...

Oh yuck! It's so draining on you when you and your family get sick. I'm glad that you are all feeling better.

I took Conner in for his Well Child check-up yesterday and one of the doctors said she had seen 4 kids with the Swine Flu, so far that day! She told me to have Cody wash his hands AND change his clothes when he comes home from school. I make him wash his hands but I have never heard of the changing clothes thing. I hate the flu! I hate being sick! I hate it when my family is sick!

Kim said...

I'm so sorry that it was such a crummy week for your family!!! Feeling human is good.