Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Pain In My Nose.

I apparently have allergies. I don't know to what. It's whatever is most prominent right now. I'm too lazy to find out. I was out in the garden the other night with Daniel and by the time we got in the house I was sneezing by brain cells away. Seriously. So I took a little pill meant to help with that kind of stuff. I still sneezed. And it's a 24 hour pill. So I had to suffer all day yesterday as I sneezed incessantly all day!!! Did I say all day twice? Yes. I did. It was a long and sneezy day.
So these are my friends lately...
My problem lies, not in the fact that I sneeze all day, but that I have to cross my legs every time I sneeze. You know. There's the whole pee your pants thing when you have babies and then get old. So, needless to say, I walk around with my legs crossed. All day. And still have to run to the bathroom quickly! And it's oh so cute, too. Daniel just laughs. And Ruthie has asked several times why I need to stand like that when I sneeze. Oh, just you wait my darling girl.
Does anyone know what's out there right now? Tell it to go away.
Please!

5 comments:

Jen said...

It's my over-grown, neck high weed ridden backyard. It's true! I've never suffered from allergies, then just this past month I found myself practicing the "leg-cross-sneeze". I put my nose to the test and the only time I have the pee your pants sneezes, and watery eyes is when I am home. I blame the hubs. He has til next summer to put in a backyard. It's for my sanity and his.

Kates said...

I have been sneezing for weeks now. Not pleasant. And I am now having to cross my legs too! I never had this problem before now.

It's sagebrush that's extra high on the pollen count right now, followed by mold. So, there you go.

Mama Bear said...

If the leg crossing only gets worse as you get old I'm in BIG trouble! I'm gonna need Depends before I'm 30 if that's the case since I have it bad already with only 1 baby. I will forever regret all the taunting we did to my poor mother when she wouldn't jump on the trampoline with us.

On another note, Claritin-D has worked wonders for us. Maybe some Diet Pepper can help too!

Kim said...

I developed seasonal allergies a few years ago. The weather reports usually talk about what allergens are high right now - I pay attention because Shane and Jacob both have allergies - and right now it's mold and something else. But you might check one of the news channels for more info.

That totally stinks that you have to cross your legs. And I know everyone says that it's because of babies, but I think aging has something to do with it because I haven't had any babies and I still have to do that sometimes. And I can't jump on the trampoline unless I just went to the bathroom. I know you wanted to know that :)

I hope your sneezing goes away soon!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I am a big fan of the nose spray. I use it year round (not sure what it is - but it also works to prevent sinus infections).It's a prescription but I love it!

No leg crossing here because I haven't had children naturally. But- I did notice that jumping on your trampoline was a huge challenge in that arena :)