Monday, September 7, 2009

Make A Meal Monday.

Happy Monday to you all. It's not quite 10am and I'm getting Make A Meal on. I'm pretty proud of myself. Here's what I'm doing today. I'm offering a twofer. Is that how you spell it? I don't know. But the point is, I'm going to give you two recipes/meals today. They are small and easy, yet taste yummalicious!

Chicken Salad Sandwich
Cook and shred chicken breasts. Chop a couple stalks of celery and a few green onions. Put it all in a big bowl and add enough mayo to make it good. Add some salt to taste. Then put it on a croissant. That's the only way to eat this salad. On a croissant.
It's so good you might even put it on bread when you run out of croissants! Simple. Elegant. Delicious. Perfect for an afternoon lunch with friends.

Hash Browns
When you have long rows of potato plants, you have to get creative. This is something my dad made all the time when we were kids. Grab some potatoes. Shred them on a cheese grater. Put them in the microwave for a couple of minutes. Melt butter on a skillet or in a non stick pan. Set the potatoes on the butter and let them sizzle away until they are golden and as crisp as you like.
We made some this morning with some eggs and Costco tortillas for burritos, along with honeydew from the garden. I would have a picture of the gloriousness, but alas, I didn't get one until all the burritos were gone, all the honeydew was gone and all the hashbrowns were gone. Then I found Ruthie's plate after she had abandoned what she couldn't fit in her belly.
Thank you Ruthie, for not finishing your seconds so mom could get a picture!
Enjoy your Labor Day and may all your labors be fruitful!

5 comments:

Kates said...

Yum! The chicken salad reminds me of the days when we used to get together with our kids monthly. I miss those days!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I love your chicken salad! It makes me look forward to the drive up to see you :)

Crissy said...

Sounds good! I was thinking about making something with chicken tonight and this sounds pretty good :)

Kim said...

Oh how I love chicken salad sandwiches - and you're right, they have to be on a croissant. When I run out of them I just eat the chicken salad with a fork, bread just isn't the same.

Your Labor Day breakfast sounds so yummy!

Crissy said...

Just tried this and had to drop in and say Mmmmm that was good! Thanks for the recipe. I love your Make a Meals! :) I love coming here when I can't figure out what's for dinner. You have great taste too!