Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Crummy Commercial.

"Mom!! You have to see this!"

"Look, it will organize all your stuff from your wallet!"

"It's so amazing. It will make your brownies already cut up!"

"WOW! You can make even better cakes if you get it!"

"Mom, your whites will be even brighter. You have to use that stuff!"

"You can dry everything with it!"

"You don't have to use a knife to cut stuff anymore!"

"Mom, you really need that toothpaste dispenser."

"If you get the toothpaste dispenser, we won't make any more messes in the bathroom!"

"Mom."

"MOM."

"MOMMMM!!!"

"MOM!! YOU HAVE TO GET THAT!"

My kids have been brainwashed by commercials. You know, the shamwow, the slapshot, the thingy that you put in the brownies when you bake them so they come out as brownie pieces, the cake pans that will change your life, the this, the that, etc. Do you feel my pain? One of my sweet dears even asked me why we don't see Billy Mayes on commercials so much anymore. You're kidding. Right?!

I think they should make commercials of children obeying with exactness when it comes to room cleaning, laundry folding, politeness, manners, hair combing, window washing, ironing, dishes doing, fridge cleaning, floor polishing, bed making, mom and dad worshipping...am I really asking so much?

I didn't think so.

Since my kids already did all their chores today without much complaining, I guess I shouldn't ask for too much.

After all, it's all just a crummy commercial.

No comments: