Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Day In The Life.

Monday...Sam was in charge of the FHE treat. He wanted something spooky. We got this lovely spider cake and did a scripture study review/treasure hunt. The cake was the treasure at the end. Guess how many people had black teeth when FHE was done?
Tuesday...We were all outside and then saw this V of geese flying over us. They were honking, too. I am wondering why they were going North. I thought they were supposed to fly South for the winter.
Wednesday...Sam wrapped his shirt around the chair and did his homework. At least he did his homework.
Thursday...Isaac needed some teeth pulled because the adult teeth were coming in at an odd angle. He has a fear of...doctors! So he has to be sedated. The other two watched movies while we waited for him to wake up. He was sore for a while. But it was nothing compared to Saturday!
Friday...Welcome to our "patch". We grew all our pumpkins this year. It's one of the fun parts of Fall!
Saturday...And here is what I warned was coming. Isaac came flying into the family room and tripped and the red table went right through his lip. Daniel took him to the Urgent Care, but Isaac has this fear... So they had him take Isaac to the Emergency Room to get the stitches in. He got 9 total. 6 on the outside and 3 on the inside. That night as we had a movie night, he leaned over to me and said, "This is just not my weekend!" Poor guy!
Sunday...We love playing Dominoes. It's easy and everyone loves it. We woke up this morning to the kids setting up a line. It accidently got knocked down too soon. Bummer!
I hope your weekend is better than Isaac's and that you have a terrific week!

6 comments:

Laurie said...

I've been checking back all day to see what happened. Poor Isaac! That looks so painful! I hope he is feeling better Does he at least get to skip a day of school?

On a lighter note- I love your front porch- so cute with all the homemade pumpkins!

Andrea said...

Oh no! Your poor boy!! Hope he heals up quickly, stitches are miserable. Your walkway looks great, makes me want to do mine, almost. Hope all is going well with you guys otherwise...Talk to you soon!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh man.....I feel for Isaac! I too was a child with multiple instances of hospital visits....especially for stiches. Is he your emergency room child? I often wonder that of Mila as she is soooo busy! She wiggled out of my arms the other day when I was leaning over to pick up something and landed on her head on the floor.....the girl can't keep still.

Off to San Diego with Rob & Mila...I'll catch up when I get back!

Crissy said...

Awww! Poor little Man! I hope it heals quickly. That has just go to be the pits!
Love all your pumkins! Especially the itty bitty one's! So cute!!

Kim said...

That poor little Isaac! That's funny what he said.

Sam's picture cracked me up - with the chair!!!

Holy pumpkin patch, batman!! That is AWESOME!!!

Jake would have gotten a kick out of that black cake too - especially with the black teeth!
I love these posts you do to recap your week.

Jen said...

Ouch! Poor Isaac did have a hard week!

You know what's funny? When I saw the pic of all of your fun pumpkins, I said the same exact thing that Kim said! We must be highly intune with one another. Awesome.

Your cake is awesome, also!