Friday, October 30, 2009

Flashback Friday

So this is still Jennie. But I'm writing as if I were Daniel. But I'm still me. Understand? You'll get it. Don't worry. Here we go.

Hi, this is Daniel. I am Jennie's man. I am her adorer. I am her fixer. I am her fun provider. I am the one who makes her crazy. I am Handsome, but you must understand...I must be to counteract my dear, sweet, wonderful, fantastic wife's beauty and grace. She really is the reason for my being. The reason for getting up in the morning. The reason I work so hard. My wife is incredible.

Here I am on Halloween many years ago. You know, I am coming up on 40 in a matter of months. So this picture really seems old. Ancient. Cryptic.

I am Lurch.
Because I was the tallest of all my friends. The other guys rounded out the other Adam's Family characters. There were some girls, too. But they weren't Jennie. So I didn't pay attention.

Do you want to guess at how old I was in the picture? Come on. Do it. Think about it and I will tell you at the end of this super post. Then you have to say in the comments how old you think I am in the picture. After you revive yourself, of course.

We went to The Bay in Salt Lake. Do you know it? Wait. Do you remember it? My wife went there once. She wasn't impressed. But then again, I wasn't there to impress her!

We went to The Bay often. To pick up chicks. Jennie asked me how many of us actually got dates (heck, I'd even go for a fake phone number) out of our picking up. None of us. But my friends all thought they were cool. I just went along for the ride. They were really dumb. But I did dance with cute chicks. But they just weren't Jennie. What can I say?

We went to The Bay for Halloween dressed as the Adam's Family. Aren't we clever? Today I went to work in jeans and a shirt Jennie bought me that she says I look hot in. Maybe I'll get lucky. Hee hee.

I won't be going to The Bay this year. It closed down a long time ago. Did I mention I'll be 40 soon?

Okay. What you've been waiting for. In the picture I wasn't 14. I know I look it. I was about 25. And I still had hair.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I remember the Bay! That was a long time ago. I like Daniel's costume. Why didn't he do that for work today?

Jen said...

"You raaaannngggg?"

I don't remember the Bay, because I didn't live here.

I totally thought your hubs was 14 in that picture! How funny is that? I do, however, think you would totally rock a long black wig!

Kates said...

Ha! I knew he was in his mid 20's! Awesome pic. And the Bay? Seriously? What a trash hangout that was! I wasn't impressed with it either.

Kim said...

I was totally going to guess 15! That is so funny! I remember the Bay. I went there once - I wasn't impressed either. Awesome costume Daniel!

Crissy said...

I guess I was thinkin' 22ish. Close I think! I never heard of the Bay? Where was that at? Awesome picture!