Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cute Quips.

I love following Isaac into his room while he builds with his Legos so I can talk to him. The best conversations happen when I go in and just lay on Sam's bed and ask him about his day. He will start with a simple answer like...good, bad, okay, dumb, I hate my teacher, I don't think I need to go to school anymore, I made a new friend, why do we have fingernails, why do I have to clean my room everyday. With his answer I start asking more specific questions and we usually have a really great conversation.

Yesterday I went in and asked about his day and then what he did at recess. He said he and some other kids played four square. His friend got bullied out of the game. Isaac was still in the game. He said he walked out of the game (there was a line of other kids wanting to get in to the game, so I didn't push the "don't walk out of a game in the middle of it" discussion)so he could go help his friend.

Here is what he said...
"So he walked out into the field and when I got to him he was crying a little. So I told him, there are some good games and there are some bad games. You just have to choose the good games."

His friend said he was a really good friend to come and talk to him and cheer him up.

I love the advice Isaac gave his friend. Yes, there are good games and bad games. Good friends and bad friends. Good choices and bad choices. I love that he knows this and will advise his friend to choose the good ones!

My heart is full.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh, he is so sweet!! That's the kind of friend everyone needs!

Kim said...

That makes me so happy! What a good boy he is. There aren't a lot of kids that would go out of their way to notice something like that and to help someone feel better.

Crissy said...

So sweet! What a great friend he is :)