Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Momma Heartstrings...

Have officially had a workout!! Did you see the mylar balloon in Colorado that was said to have a 6 year old boy in it flying around a couple of counties?? Did you? I sat and watched. I cried. I prayed. I held my heart with my hands. Because of a 6 year old boy!

The balloon just came down after 2 hours of flight. With a 6 year old boy in it! Good Heavenly Days! My momma hearstrings were on fire. But wait! The boy isn't in it. My heartstrings are still stretched a mile long because they don't know where the little boy is now.

I am continuing to watch, hoping they will get information that the little boy is hiding somewhere because he's scared that he let the balloon go. My goodness gracious sakes alive. So there is a search on for this little boy. Where is he? Did he fall out of the balloon? Is he hiding? Is he hurt? My momma heart can't take it!

What would you do if your child got into a 20 foot mylar balloon with helium in it and flew away? What would you do if your child was missing after thinking he was in a helium balloon in the air for 2 hours?

According to what I felt over the last little while, I would probably keel over and not ever get up again.

I hope the boy is in a friend's house under a bed or in a closet. Hiding.

I will go get my kids in an hour from school. I will hug each of them. And be grateful they aren't in a mylar balloon 8000 feet in the air. Or missing.


P.S. The boy has been found safe and sound in a box above the garage where he was hiding. Thank goodness!

3 comments:

Mama Bear said...

I about died too! I was so excited to find out he was hiding. I think after I showered him with kisses he would be in big trouble for hiding and scaring me like that!

Crissy said...

Scary! I had no idea! Glad he is ok and they found him.

Kim said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That had my heart racing too!! Craziness! I'm so so glad that he was hiding somewhere.