Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Big Bag Of Yum.

Every girl knows the importance of chocolate. Because chocolate is therapeutic eatin'. It's dark, rich, yummy, smooth. This particular chocolate has a coat of colorful candy. Now, usually when chocolate is necessary, and it's always necessary, I like the kind that doesn't wear a coat. And I really do like it dark. But when a girl has no other options, the colorful coats are entirely tolerable. And I never look at anything containing chocolate with disdain!

This has been a week! I tell you! A week! With a Primary activity, my niece's passing and PMS, I really needed some chocolate. Stat! Stat means now!! So I went for one of our staples. M&Ms. These didn't have peanuts. And peanut ones deserve their own post. But I wanted to share my M&M psychotic-ness. Ready? Okay...
I start with a bowl of the yum. Easy enough. I always eat the brown ones first. They aren't pretty. Even though they are the color of chocolate. I just eat those first. So there.
Then I look at the pretty colors left in the bowl. Aren't they pretty? Green is next. I can feel that you are all just green with envy, too!
My next color is orange. And whoever said that orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed.
And here we are my dears! The last 3 colors. My favorite M&M colors. Red, yellow and blue. Each one has a message for you and me. Each is a symbol true! Yellow is Daniel's favorite color. I love it because I love him. Blue is Sam's favorite color and is the color of the sky. Red. Mmm. Red is the color of power. The color of love. And it's my favorite!
So here's what I do. I separate those three colors into small groups. Psychotic, remember?
Then I put the extras back in the bowl. I eat the yellows till they're gone.
Then the reds. And please understand that I don't just plunge in and eat them willy nilly. There is a method to the madness. I eat in 2's. Kinda like the animals on the ark. 2x2.
When I have nothing but sets of 3 colors, I put them back in the bowl and eat them in sets of 3. Red. Yellow. Blue. Weird. I know.
These were the extras in this particular bowl of yum. Daniel usually gets those ones. Or Isaac if he's lucky! They don't match. They don't go together like the pretty sets of three. So I can't eat them!!
This is all that's left.
Yes. I am disturbed.
And if you caught the (three...oops) FOUR quotes in my post, you are totally awesome! And if you want to, I'll make this a contest. Email me at lovelaughloud@hotmail.com with any or all of the four quotes and where they came from and I'll make and bring (or send) you cookies. That's right folks! Cookies!
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry about your hard week! Hopefully all will be well with in the next few days. (most likely on the first day of school!)

It sounds like you have a case of the OCD's! I can relate. Except for your method of eating M&Ms. I just shovel them in.

I couldn't figure out the quotes. The only thing that came to mind was the Primary song "Primary Colors". ?????

Take care my friend! Now I'm off to investigate what sweet "R's" I get to embroider tonight! (it's a privelage for me to help you, during this difficult time)

Susie said...

lol!

Kates said...

Um.... wow. I don't even take the time to pick my colors. I do however eat them in twos. I just don't care what the colors are. They all taste the same (as I have to constantly remind my children).

Laurie said...

Yes, you are disturbed. You are missing out on the lovliness of just pouring a handful of M&Ms right into your mouth. I will have to go back and look for the quotes.

Kim said...

I totally broke out into song with this post. I think there should be a method to all chocolate eating.

Crissy said...

Awww... hope you are doing better. You totally have my OK to dive into a big bag of M&M's (not that you need my ok's, LOL) Hope everyone is doing good. I was thinking of you all yesterday.