Monday, August 24, 2009

Make A Meal Monday

I thought about doing a Make A Meal with the pasta I made last Sunday.
But this is what it turned out to look like. Frankly it just isn't appetizing. It tasted okay, but was far from looking good!
So instead I am going to do these Volcano Meat Balls.
They were awesome and my kids ate them.

You start with 1 lb ground beef, 6 Ritz crackers, finely crushed, 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese and 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Mix it all together and shape into 12 meatballs about the size of a golf ball.
Place them 2 inches apart in a baking dish sprayed with Pam.
Press a cheddar cheese cube or slice of string cheese into each meat ball.
They should look like this:
Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked (160 degrees).
Mmmm...
Ruthie says she's a vegitarian. Unless she's eating meat. Then she's a meatatarian.
Those meatballs are so much better looking than the homemade attempt at pasta!!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man those look sooooooo good and I LOVE meat balls.

I'll e-mail for times to get together.

Leanne