Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Day In The Life.

Monday...We celebrated Baby Rebecca. We were certainly blessed by her sweet angel-ness for 3 months. The funeral was beautiful and Aunt Jennie was a mess as she led the opening hymn! All Rebecca's cousins sang I Feel My Savior's Love and did a terrific job.
Goodbye baby Rebecca, we love you, we miss you, come back soon!
Tuesday...The boys' first day of school. Ruthie had her kindergarten assessment and did a great job impressing.
Wednesday...Pack meeting was that night and Daniel is the Cub Master. He stapled his patches on and they were falling off. See the staples? I was nice enough to sew them on for him. I'm awesome like that.
Thursday...Isaac needed to get ready for his first spelling test. I didn't believe his teacher that there would be a spelling test the first week of school. Hello! So we broke out the Scrabble tiles and had a mini spelling test. He did awesome.
Friday...We have cantelope! And honeydew. But I only got a pic of the cantelope. It's yummy, too. We are so excited to get them ripe now because last year they didn't get ripe until the frost came.
Saturday...The potatoes are in! This is 1/2 of the first half of the small row in the potato rows in the garden. We'll be eating potatoes a lot this fall!
Sunday...What I love about my garden tomatoes is a good tomato sandwich. just 2 slices of bread, mayo, salt and tomato slices. Mmmm. It's better with white bread, but I don't buy white bread. It's no good with homemade bread. So I didn't make any at all this summer. I have been preparing!
Have a terrific week!

3 comments:

Crissy said...

I never thought of using scrabble for practicing spelling tests! Thanks for the idea :)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh the Rebecca thing breaks my heart!

Your garden is awesome - I only have tomatoes and basil. Next year- I am planting more - at least one or two more things.:)

Kim said...

The boys look just a little too excited to be going to school - and they're so big!

I had to laugh out loud that Daniel stapled his patches on! I loathe sewing patches on, don't know why, just do. But of course I end up sewing them on anyway. Good for you for doing it without complaining! (at least I didn't hear you over here ;)