Friday, August 7, 2009

A Day At Camp.

I had an opportunity to go with our Activity Day girls to Day Camp. Camp Kiesel. Luckily my in laws were able to watch my kids all day. It was fun. And since I won't post pictures of other people's kids, I will post one of me. Shooting a BB gun. I'm awesome! Totally awesome!
When we had misplaced one of our girls for a moment, all the leaders went hunting. I headed to the Trading Post and for some dumb reason they have curbing that doesn't match where the grass and the sidewalk are. So you see, it's totally understandable that I would totally twist my ankle on the curbing. Totally understandable! Right?! I made the mistake of telling the Pregnant With Twins Leader that I did it. Then she kept telling me to sit down and stuff. Even though she was having contractions when she walked! Why can't I keep my big mouth shut? But I did finally go to the I'm A Nurse And You Should Really Stay Off Your Foot Leader and got her opinion. Because it was hurting! HURTING! Do you hear me? But I was walking on it, so it isn't broken. Just twisted. And hurting. I'm a big baby!
Daniel wrapped it when I got home. I took lots of Ibuprofin and a big fat sleeping pill. I just got up a little bit ago. And only because the UPS guy needed my signature to drop off a box. Which is highly annoying. But the UPS people think we're retarded because we didn't get one of our deliveries at Christmas time even though the guy who delivered it said he left it right on our front porch while we were all home and Daniel was even out in the front yard and Ruthie has the hearing of a bat (do bats have ears?) and we couldn't find that box to save our lives even though it was part of our Wii system which we certainly didn't need 2 of if we snuck the box in and then called UPS and told them they made a mistake. So now I'm up and my head hurts. And my back. And my ankle is tender. I am walking gingerly. But check out the I Hurt My Ankle And Am A Big Baby Leader shooting the BB gun!
I am Totally Awsome!

4 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Sounds painful! I always miss those misplaced curbs. Hope you're feeling better. I'll catch up with you when we get back from CA

Andrea said...

Sorry about the ankle, but how did ya shoot?? LOL!

Amie said...

You make me laugh!

Laurie said...

ouch! hope that is feeling better. love the picture of you shooting.