Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Day In The Life.

Monday...This is really how my family room looked Monday morning. It won't look much different tomorrow morning! Sundays just do a number on the house!
Tuesday...Over the last while we have been focusing our FHE time on The Whole Armor Of God. Tuesday morning we had all of our armor pieces up on the door. We did a piece of armor each week and dressed our little FHE friend Fred there. My kids think it's odd that there isn't any armor for Fred's legs. I have yet to make him some pants. But we are finally done with our armor and now we will move on to The Family:A Proclamation To The World for our lessons!
Wednesday...We saw the Water Horse for the $1 movie. Then we went to the store for some stuff and one of the kids threw the bag up on the fan. They called it "a flying airplane attacking the fan". ??
Thursday...Isaac obviously had too much to eat! And notice the green shirt that seems to never leave his body.
Friday...I did it. Finally. I saw the movie. I had previously read the books, but will keep my opinions to myself. I figure it was a good thing this only cost $1.07 to rent. Although I could have borrowed it from someone for free. But then I would have to actually have contact with a person and be expected to give my opinion. (Corny) Daniel and I got a last minute sitter and went to dinner (Mmm..Cafe Rio) and then to see a movie (Harry Potter). It was a fun evening.
Saturday...We cleaned the house, did yard work and laundry. Always laundry. Then Ruthie fell asleep on the couch.
Sunday...I finally found peace with our Primary Program. After quite a few weeks of struggling for a starting point and making things click, it finally clicked. Life is good!
It was kind of a boring week. I forgot to mention that having the supply list from last year made getting school supplies easy. I just hope they haven't changed much. 3 more weeks and we'll be back into homework and headaches. My stomach already hurts. And I'm not even going to school!
How was your week?

5 comments:

Crissy said...

Great pictures Jennie! Glad that you had a good week. I think my weeks are starting to slow down enough that I can start catching up on things here at my house.
Love the flying grocery sack.

P.S. how was the movie??

*tif* said...

I HATE that movie! It may be exaggerating to say so and they tell me that if I watch it again I will like it better. I just can't believe so many people like it...to each his own I suppose and of course if you have higher expectations for any movie it seems to be worse and if you have lower expectations it seems to be better. I apologize if that's the pessimist in me, I do try to keep her quiet.

Jennie said...

Oh, Tif. I realized while I was watching it why we haven't watched it since we watched it. Boring. Dumb. a bit Scary. I had just forgotten. Until 10:05 am Wednesday morning.

Kim said...

I love your Armor door! Great idea! You are so good to do fun FHEs.

I love those books but didn't love the movie at all either.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Busy week- love the bag! By the way- love the look of your blog!