Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Day In The Life.

Pictures. Pictures. Pictures. Pictures. Pictures. Pictures. Pictures.

Monday...We scrapped our FHE lesson and went to a nearby pond/park. We took old hot dog buns from the freezer and a loaf of old bread. Total: 1 Loaf of Bread and 32 Hot Dog Buns. The kids had a blast and the ducks were well fed.
Tuesday...I had a presidency meeting (see the cookies in the background? I make meetings worthwhile!) and we went till after lunch time. My kids were great and we were all hungry so we went to the local Old McDonald's to eat and play.
Wednesday...Cucumbers. And here is where I have no daily pictures. So you will see some of our garden growth. Wednesday we went to the dollar movie with Kim and Jessica. We realized what a horrible movie Rugrate In Paris is!! It was also a day filled with preparation for Day Camp.
Thursday...Corn. And Day Camp. Remember? Yeah. Ankle. It was fun getting to know all 25 of the Activity Day girls who went! My kids had a terrific time at Grandma and Grandpa's house!
Friday...Yay! A real Friday picture! We went to our Ward Campout. It was so much fun! All the kids just ran and ran until far far far past any sane parent's child's bedtime. Then they all started the next day really early! This is a lighted frisbee. After this (only) picture, my batteries died. We had a great time and hope we will have a campout every year. And maybe more than just one night!
Saturday...Green Beans. We had yummy dutch oven made breakfast when we woke up. It rained on us. I sat and talked to a woman in my ward...who I absolutely love and am so glad I got to know her better! We left when the rain stopped. Started laundry. Mom crashed hard. Ruthie went to play at a friend's house. Mom went to a baptism for 2 of our Primary kids. The whole family went to see cousin Jesse at an open house to wish him well on his Mission. We all went to bed without ice cream. (long story)
Sunday...Green Peppers. I actually made stuffed green peppers for dinner this week. But of course, I can't remember what day it is today, so how would you expect me to know what day I made it for dinner. Sunday...Oh Yeah! It's Sunday. Went to church. Felt the Spirit. Learned a lot. Came home. Took a nap. Had Family Movie Night to watch Escape to Witch Mountain. The kids are now in bed and I will soon follow!
Hope you had a fantastic week!

3 comments:

Jen said...

You have had a very busy week!

That is so awesome that 25 girls showed up for day camp! I noticed you were walking with no limp today, during church. Glad to see that there wasn't permanent damage.

I'm so sad we weren't able to attend the ward camp out. It would've been impossible with Conner. And I actually mean, miserable. The kid just won't go down to sleep easily!

Crissy said...

Great pictures! We didn't make it to the campout either because Shane had to help out with the sheriff's department doing something over the radio dispatching thing.
I really wanted to go too!!

Kim said...

Sunday's recap cracked me up. Love your pictures!