Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cute Quips.

I have been hearing some doozies lately. But my brain has melted into a big puddle of goo. Yes, goo. But I just got a good one that had me in stitches...

Sam is in bed and it's late and he calls for me to come to his room.

"Mom, what are contractions?"

"Well, when a mommy has a baby in her tummy, it's in a sack called a uterus. When the baby gets big and is ready to come out, the uterus gets really tight so it can push the baby out. That's a contraction..."

"That's a math problem??"

He meant fractions. But we did talk about contractions (can not=can't). Then we talked about verbs, nouns, and fractions. We did NOT talk about child birth.

3 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I am on the floor laughing that is soooooooooooo funny! Seems like it would be easier for us to come up- you've got multiple kids on mulitple schedules.

Jennifer B. said...

Too funny! Another reason I make Aysia use the word in a sentence before I give her the meaning. Similar things have happened around here because of misunderstanding on my part or theirs.

Crissy said...

That is too hilarious!!! LOL!! :D