Monday, August 10, 2009

Make A Meal Monday.

And it's even Monday. I love it when I get something done on time! I didn't actually take pictures of the real dinner. So you'll have to use your imagination. Or just make it and take your own picture!

Green Peppers
Stuffed Green Peppers
Ground Beef
Chopped Onions
Tomato Sauce
Cooked Rice
Green Peppers
Shredded Cheese
Wash peppers and cut them in half length wise and strip the inside. They'll stand up better when cut that way. Start cooking the rice. Boil some water and dip each pepper half into the boiling water with tongs for just a minute. Brown the ground beef with the onions. Add tomato sauce. And, what the heck, add a dash or two of garlic powder! Mix the rice in to beef mix. Put mix into each pepper half. Sprinkle with cheese. Put them in a baking dish prepared with cooking spray. Place them in an oven warmed to 350 for just a few minutes (5-7) until cheese is melted.
The peppers make an awesome bowl and flavor the meat and rice mixture. We had this a lot growing up and I have fond memories. After assuring my kids that they didn't have to eat the pepper, they ate the rice. It was yummy!

4 comments:

Susie said...

I love your meal posts. This one reminds me of my mother. Thanks.

Laurie said...

mmmm, I remember Mom making those. I love these but I've never made them. I'll have to try it.

Crissy said...

Sounds great!! :)

Kim said...

Your green peppers are beautiful and the recipe sounds delicious!