Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Sweet Baby.

Isn't it just wonderful to hold a baby? To look into her sweet face and know she was just with Heavenly Father? To feel her soft skin next to yours? To breathe in her delicious baby smell? To watch her eyes open and try to focus? To feel her wrap her tiny fingers around your finger? To watch her sweet mouth try to suck? To take in the beauty that only a new baby can posess? It is. It's wonderful.
Sometimes when a baby comes, everyone who gets a chance to meet her is touched eternally. You can see heaven in her eyes. You can feel the angels surrounding her. You know she is a gift sent from God for just a small moment.
Rebecca is one of those babies. She was only here for a small moment. She didn't need to be here any longer than that. She went back to her Heavenly Father this morning and each of us who met her, who held her, know that her life's mission was complete.
You can go HERE to see some beautiful pictures of Rebecca, her brother and her mom and dad.

6 comments:

Susie said...

I'm so sorry your sweet little cousin passed. I know how this feels as we experience this last year. So glad that you know this is not the end.

Hugs-

Crissy said...

Oh my goodness, Jennie! I am so sorry to hear about this :( Sending prayers and hugs to your family (extended as well as yours too).
It's so nice to know that she is there waiting for everyone.
{HUGS}

Jennifer B. said...

You are right, she is beautiful. Prayers are with your whole family

Jen said...

My heart aches for the loss of your precious cousin, but what a blessing to all of those who know her.

I'm so thankful for eternal families.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Oh Jennie- I just caught up and I am so so sorry about your niece's passing. Yes- she is likely in a better place that doesn't make it less sad. My heart goes out to you and your family and her family. As a new mother - I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a little one.

Let's get together soon! I'll e-mail you.

Kim said...

I'm so sorry that she's gone and I'm crying for you and for her family. I'm so glad that you and the kids got to go meet her before she went back to live with her Heavenly Father.