Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year. Part 1

Today my boys went back to school! Yesterday was the first day. But we spent the day with family for Rebecca's funeral. So today was the day of days.
Sam woke up and the first thing he asked Isaac was, "Are you nervous?". Isaac said yes. And they talked about the first day of school yesterday and that today is their first day and they are nervous because everyone else knows everything and got all their instructions, etc.
I agreed to walk Sam to his class and mention to his teacher that today is his first day.
Then we got dressed, attempted to eat breakfast, brushed our teeth and took a picture. Sam wanted to have a picture.
I think he will be fine at school.
This is the first year I actually dreaded going back to school. As much as I am looking forward to having some time alone, I am really not looking forward to being alone. I will miss my kids. It will be an adjustment. But I'm sure with chocolate and diet pepper I will be able to accomplish ANYTHING!
And then I'll love being alone.
And...
Then I'll have a baby!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Hope everything went well yesturday! I was thinkin' of you! Hey, just think of this alone time as time to remember what an awesome person you are-a chance to really know yourself! I think what you do with "alone time" tells so much who you truly are-enjoy for I think you're right it won't last long--you'll have a baby in your arms before you know it! Let's get together soon!

Jen said...

I had my "alone time" for nearly 4 years and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The house stayed clean, I accomplished many projects, I contemplated many things, and I danced in my undies to the catchy beat of many rock n roll tunes!

But then Conner came along...and I'm changing diapers, cleaning chicken nuggets off of the kitchen floor, and giving and receiving a full days worth of hugs and kisses.

It's the best of BOTH worlds!

Kates said...

I hope your 'alone time' doesn't last too long!

Crissy said...

I'll come over and have some chocolate and diet Dr.pepper with you!
Hope they had a great first day. They looked ready :)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Your boys are so big! I cannot believe how grown up they look! I need to visit.

Yes- you need a baby......your time will be filled. Miss Mila keeps me very busy.

Kristi said...

In the days ahead, when you are enjoying your "alone-time", anticipating the end of your "alone-time", think of me. No "alone-time" in the foreseeable future. Need to borrow a kid - just call me.