Monday, August 17, 2009

Make A Meal Monday.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...If you don't have zucchini in your house, what's wrong with you? This is the Cruller Zucchini.
I wanted to make zucchini bread last week, but wanted to try something different. So I searched high and low in all my many cookbooks and found a good one.
Blender Zucchini Bread
Here's whatcha gotta do:
Put 1 cup veggie oil and 3 cups chopped zucchini in a blender. Puree.
At this point, if you normally make fruit smoothies in your blender, your children will think you are going to try to poison them!
Add 3 eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla and blend it all well.
Sift together 2 cups sugar, 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda (I always say that with a Minnasota'n accent, you should try it!), 1 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp cinnamon.
Then Add the zucchini smoothie and stir well.
Mmmmmm... Pour it into 2 medium well greased loaf pans.
Bake at 350 for about an hour, or until a knife or chopstick stuck in the center comes out clean.
I thought the bread might actually be green. I was a little disappointed.
Then I started serving it to my kids and hubby.
This is how my boys reacted...
"Mmm. Mom I want more of that bread it's so good and I want to eat the whole loaf."
Except that their mouths were full. So now go back and say it like there's something in your mouth.
Considering my boys won't touch or eat anything that comes from God's Green Earth.
This is definitely a winner at our house!

3 comments:

Kates said...

Yum! I have tons of zucchini that I need to use. No, not from my own garden, which didn't get planted this year. Luckily there are always others who have plenty to share. I'm going to try this bread, maybe my kids will eat it if I don't tell them it's zucchini! (they're kind of sick of it and of us making them eat it).

Crissy said...

Looks good! Shane just told me he is coming home with a 14 inch Zucchini, so I am checking your recipes out to find out what I want to cook :)

Kim said...

What a fabulous idea! Thank you!!! I like to say soda with a Minnesota accent too!! :)