Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dirt+Chopsticks+Rag=CLEAN!

I am ever working off another's OCD tendencies and cleaning my house. I just finished the kitchen and it looks AWESOME!!! But there were some areas that exceeded my tolerance. This is part of my stove. You know, where the outside handle to the oven is? The man who thought of this put gaps there. I know, probably for venting. Whatever. But you see that dirt?? You can't just clean it with a rag. You need....a chopstick and a rag!
Soak the rag in soapy water and then stick the pointed end of the chopstick into it. As shown.
Then stick that puppy in there and scrape the scum out! Oh yeah! There was scum. It was disgusting!
And when you're done, this is what you have...A sparkling clean stove vent thingy.
But I just deleted that picture! Duh!! So you can come over and see it if you don't believe me. I also used it for the dishwasher and sink and various other spots of scum. If you would like to have a handy dandy pair of chopsticks to help in your grimy cleaning repertoire, let me know in the comments. I buy them in bulk. They are so handy!!


I'm so done cleaning for the day. I get to go see a play with my sister tonight. I'm so excited!

Have a continuously happy weekend!

2 comments:

Crissy said...

I TOTALLY need some of those sticks! Do you include your cleaning MOJO with it too?
Have fun with you sister! :)

Kim said...

That is a great tip! I love sister dates.