Sunday, March 1, 2009

What Is It Called When...

Your body hurts so much on one side that when a dirty sock falls between the washer and dryer, you just leave it there?
You are willing to pay $29 for a pair of waterproof boots (because the other boots you have are busted) when there are many other boots that are going for $8, but you pay the other $21 for the waterproof-ness?
The other side of your body that didn't get bashed on the ground is just plain bruised?
You are willing to drive through snow, hail, sleet and wind for hours to get to a mountainous region known for its snow, hail, sleet and wind?
You have to make 5 runs up in the mini-wimpy-van to get up a pretty wimpy slope because you have front wheel drive, not 4 wheel drive?
That was the second try. This is the 4th try...
And the 5th try is the winner!!
You get to this pretty scene and you can't quite make it around a sharp corner leading to a steep hill that would ultimately get you to the pretty little cabin you are staying in? And then your son has to "go" so bad that you just let the snow right out your window turn a nice yellow?Your front wheel mini-wimpy-van can only stop and wait for the handsome driver to go looking for someone, anyone, who can come haul us up the hill?
Well, I don't know what you call it. But we call it...
VACATION!!!!

We went sledding! WooHoo!!
Leaped over some gnarly jumps!
Sailed down without hands or feet!
Got stuck in waist deep snow while trying to climb up to the top of the hill again!
And took every moment to catch the camera lens with a grin!
That was just Friday Morning!
On Friday afternoon....we went Snow-blow-biling!
Aren't they just cute snow bunnies??
A picture of the mom and dad on our way to Big Springs.
Ruthie loved the bumpy ride so much...she took a nap!
This is Daniel's nature shot of Big Springs.
The kids got to throw pieces of bread into the water to feed the muskrats and the big fish.
Oh yes! Muskrats and Big Fish!
On our trip back on the Snowblowers, as Sam called them, we were on some big hills and Daniel kept saying, "Lean, Lean!" I would lean. Trust me, I was leaning. All of a sudden, as we were leaning to the right, the whole machine flipped to the left, I could feel us, Me, Daniel and Sam, all leaving the machine. I flew through the air, hit the snow hard and rolled. The funny thing is, I was the only one who actually flew off the machine. My left arm and leg are forever damaged and my right leg is bruised. I cried all the way back to the cabin. Oh yes. I am a big fat cry baby!
But I must add that there were lots of teenagers and young adults who thought it would be fun to stay up really really really late both nights we were there. I was sleep deprived. That will make anyone cry. RIGHT?!
It was a fun trip. Now my house is a complete disaster. The laundry is done. I think it's just getting ready to merge with the dirty stuff that's piling up. I finally did some dishes. I just need to remember to start the dishwasher. Daniel and Isaac have some yucky coughs now. I've read all the blogging you all have done this week. I just haven't commented. I'm tired. I hurt. I need chocolate. I wonder if the Muskrats have any of those problems?
Goodbye Island Park Muskrats. Maybe we'll see you again next year. Maybe.
Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

Susie said...

It looks like you had a great family vacation. I was reminded of a snow-mobiling vacation I took in the same area and yes I was bruised and beaten when I returned home. My problem was that I got bucked off my machine by a tiny little bump. Quite embarrasing to say the least. Glad you guys had fun!

Crissy said...

How fun! You probably saw my Mom up there somewhere. She lives there. Keeps begging us to come up that way, only hubby doesn't like all that COLD stuff. Hmmm, someday I may just take a trip up there without him.
Those big snow hills look like so much fun. I love that place. Glad to have you back and safe, though! Hope those bumps and bruises heal quickly.

Andrea said...

How fun! It is great you guys got "out and about" It looks like you guys had a blast!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Wow- and you call me adventurous? I hope you are okay.....I think I may have turned that mini-van around and headed for low country.

Great pictures! This is when you need a hot tub (I always think I have excuses to get a hot tub ;)

Where is this place? I have never heard of it.

Jen said...

Nice bruise! That looked like it was so much fun. Nothing beats playing in the snow all day then coming to a warm fire, and hot chocolate. Glad you lived to tell us all about your vacation!

Hollyween said...

I couldn't even go sledding like that. And it's not because I wouldn't to, it's because I have no SNOW GEAR. Seriously! How pathetic is that? You guys all look so cute in your snow gear. I almost want it to snow! Almost.

Looks like you had a great time!