Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh, The Wind!

It was a frightfully windy day. The wee ones were plucked from their studies early. The household was in uproar as they realized their best manner of dress was required. As they traveled, they were constantly battling the wind to not suck them from the road. The wind had stirred up all the dirt in the land up to the sky. They could see nothing past the noses on their faces. They finally arrived at their first destination, only to realize they didn't have the capability to document this momentous occasion. As this young family of 5 got closer to their final destination, they knew they were in the right place and that this was an experience like no other in the land...
Yesterday we went to the Draper Temple Open House. It was BEAUTIFUL! My kids enjoyed it so much. Daniel and I noticed that almost all the artwork in the Temple was by Minerva Teichert. Daniel is related to her. When we would walk into any of the rooms, Ruthie would look only at her pamphlet to make sure it was the right room. I had to keep reminding her to "Look At the Real Room!!". When we were sitting in the Sealing Room, I got to show Ruthie where and how she was sealed to us 4 years ago. We also talked (quietly, of course) about when our next babies would join our family and that we would be in the room just like that one in another temple to have them sealed to us. It was such an amazing experience for all of us. On the comment cards in the refreshment room, each of my kiddos wrote on one that they LOVED the WHOLE TEMPLE! Love it.

We found out yesterday that my brother and his fiancee will be married in the Draper Temple on May 22. Yay!! We have been looking forward to a date for a long time.

We are now looking forward to the Temple dedication on March 22. All the wards in the entire state of Utah are supposed to NOT have regular meetings that day. Our focus is to be on the temple. Our Stake President is still having us go to church for some reason, Maybe he didn't read the letter right??, so only one of us can go with Isaac. You need to be at least 8 and baptized to go. So if any of you reading this would like to go as a couple and take older children, let me know...I would be more than happy to watch your younger kids so you can enjoy this great opportunity. And don't forget your white hanky!!

5 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I loved the Temple tour too! Neat to share that with Ruthie about her sealing.

Jen said...

Oh I want our family to go! And guess what, my cousin's wife's Grandma is Minerva Teichert!!! What a small world. I'll have to tell her that your hubby is related to her. What a neat experience!

Mama Bear said...

How neat! Oh, I can't do the dedication because of a little thing called Konner so if you want to go I can watch Sam and Ruthie for you.

Hollyween said...

I don't know why but I'm laughing at Jen's 'cousin's, wife's grandma' comment. TOO FUNNY!

I went to the Bountiful temple dedication and always knew I wanted to be sealed there. Beautiful. Going to something like that gives you special memories forever!

Crissy said...

What a neat experience! I always love going to the Temple! I was wondering where you were yesterday! I have some cookies for you!