Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Things They Say.

I was involved in my own thing. Sam was involved in his own thing. When all of a sudden, out of his mouth comes,

"Booyah!"

I ask him, "What does that mean?"

"I don't know. I just say it."

"Where did you hear it?"

Are you ready for this??

"I learned it in Hawaii. When I was in your tummy, I went to Hawaii and met someone who told me that."

So I think....My tummy was certainly big enough for him to actually swim to Hawaii while he was there. It kinda is still. But that's another post. So I started to dig for a pregnancy picture. I can't find any. I think because I was so huge I just didn't do it. If you remember me from my Sam pregnancy, you probably didn't even see it because I couldn't walk. So here is a pic from the end of my Ike pregnancy.
Can you say HUGE?! And please don't scoff the hair. Look at me!! I was trying to offset the bulging belly. Here's the thing. This was a week or 2 before I had Isaac. With Sam I didn't get this far along but was bigger. At 32 weeks I was measuring big enough to be carrying twins at full term. I had Sam 4 1/2 weeks early and he was 9 lbs 5 oz. HUGE!!! So imagine me up there in the pic, just bigger. Yep. Sam could most definitely swim to Hawaii. He was most definitely swimming laps! Trust me. I really want to go to Hawaii now.

BOOYAH!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Let's catch a plane! Kids say the funniest things some times...and I'd never make fun of your hair as it's the style I'm sporting now!

I so need a vacation. We haven't gone anywhere in a while because we were thinking we might go to China next year. I'm thinking that I want to plan a trip right about now.

Andrea said...

Great picture!! I love it!!

Crissy said...

I don't even remember seeing you pregnant with Sam. First few years here in the neighborhood are such a blur to me, I don't know why. Cute picture :)