Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's Been A Slow Week.

At least for blogging. I have a cold. I bet its because I mentioned to Daniel earlier this week that I have been strong as an Ox since I started drinking more Diet Pepper. Now see what happens?!

I had an epiphany this week. I wanted to share it with you. My baby is turning 9 tomorrow and 1 year ago tomorrow he was baptized! Can you believe it's been a year??!! I can't. Last year this last week I was scrubbing and painting baseboards and painting walls and making taco meat and buying matching red bowls (which I LOVE) and cleaning carpet. Today I'm just lucky to have some laundry going! My baseboards haven't been touched in a good way since last year. I'm gonna give them another 10 months. Then I'll really do something to them. I guess that's not really an epiphany. But I really like that word. So there!

Isaac is out with Daniel and a couple of friends today. They went to the Hill AFB Museum and then to McDonald's for lunch. Mmmm.

Yesterday I broke down and bought Madagascar 2. I wanted to buy Because of Winn-Dixie. I just finished reading it to my kids and wanted the movie in our collection. It was a very touching book. When I would cry while reading to my kids, they would ask searching questions. So we got a lot of good talking in too. I need to check Amazon I think. Madagascar 2 is hilarious!! We loved it.

I made a birthday cake for Isaac and got my cake plate lid out to put over it. I got 3 cake stands and 2 lids for my wedding. I must be special or something. I love them. I turned as I lifted the lid and it hit a stool, putting a crack on the side of it. I'm heart broken. At least I have one more and still have my 3 cake stands! And now I have more room in the cupboard where I store them!

I did get my floor cleaned this morning. It was so gross! I don't think I've cleaned it for a few weeks. Is that bad? It is reality. That's all I know.

I realize that last Sunday I didn't do a Picture Project post. It's because the trip we took really got all the pictures. So I'll restart tomorrow. And I think that's all I have for now.

I need to blow my nose!

5 comments:

Hollyween said...

I hope you blew your nose. Boogers in there for long periods of time is never a good thing.

I'm so sorry about your cake lid. Bummer!! I love that you make cakes. I love it because I'm going to ask you to make Levi (and possibly Faith (?)) one for their birthdays. I'll pay.

Hey, and here's a happy thought for you:
At least your house doesn't smell like rotten milk like mine does. I spilled milk on the floor the other day and didn't realize it went in between the unreachable cracks of the tile. It will forever smell like rotten milk in my house, I'm afraid.

Oh, and one more happy thought:
You get to go to choir tomorrow. You should be bouncing up and down by now!

Jennie said...

Holly...I have actually been thinking a lot about choir today. Only it's because I am the only alto. I will certainly make cakes. Just give me a bit of a notice and theme. Now back to bouncing up and down!!

Hollyween said...

Don't worry. We'll get more altos. I've been recruiting. They might not come tomorrow. But they'll come. I'll make them.

My mom is playing tomorrow. I'm so excited to have her help! She is so amazing.

Andrea said...

Sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. Hiopefully we can get together when you are feeling better.

Crissy said...

I am SOOOO far behind on bloggin here! Sorry! I hope you are feeling better now.