Monday, January 25, 2010

Clarification.

I have had a few people ask about Haiti's orphans coming into the States. The questions are geared toward our own desire to adopt. Just to clarify...The children who have come into the U.S. so far had already been matched to their adoptive families, and many had already even met, even many times. The sending of orphans to the U.S. and other countries has stopped for paperwork and red tape sake at this point. Of course, if you have been or are involved in an international adoption, you know that red tape is a must! Haiti will not be sending any children to any country for adoption without much paperwork and research. My heart goes out to families continuing to wait for their children to finally be in their arms. I continue to watch and listen and pray. If our plans change...I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you!!!! I am not the only one being bombarded with "why don't you just get a Haiti baby?" questions?? Like it's as easy as calling up and saying "I want one!" I had done some research and found the same info. you said as well!!! Hang in there your baby will come!!! (just not ordered and UPS delivered!)

Kim said...

I have been asked this too. I, too, have clarified that the adoptions taking place so publicly in the last week or so were started years ago. If only it was easy like some people think it is.