Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Make A Meal.

I get emails from Kraft with recipes each week. I love it! There is always something that is easy and that my kids will eat. This particular recipe is now a favorite. Let me share it with you...

Tuscan Chicken Simmer
At first I thought it was Tuscan Chicken Summer. And I thought of warm cozy yummy sunshine. Then I realized it was simmer. Not summer. But still...
You'll need...
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pesto
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
1 cup Italian cheese blend
Heat a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Add chicken and cook on each side until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep them warm.
Add cream cheese, water, pesto and tomatoes to skillet. (I chose to put only 1 cup of tomatoes in since no one will eat cooked tomatoes in my house...except me) Cook and stir occasionally over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Add chicken to skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute or until chicken is coated and heated through. Sprinkle with Italian cheese and serve.
I chose to serve our chicken with spaghetti noodles and ciabata bread. Mmmm.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Crissy said...

Looks Good :)

Mama Bear said...

Yummy! I don't recall seeing that one, good thing I save all my Kraft emails for future reference. Easy and delicious, is there a better pairing for two words describing dinner? I think not(unless one is quick ;P)!

Hollyween said...

You are such a wonderful cook! That looks amazingly good. YUMMY!

Kim said...

YUM! I thought it said Summer too until I went back and read it again. Thanks for another great meal idea! I love anything with pesto and cheese and cream cheese and chicken...hmmm...I think I'm hungry now.