Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Make A Meal.

White Bread
Now don't get your undies in a bunch. I've been baking wheat bread for 10 years. This white bread recipe is so so easy and fast! So I am going through a white bread phase right now.
Sue me!
2 cups hot water
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 Tblsp salt
1 1/2 Tblsp yeast
5-6 cups white flour
In a Bosch or Kitchen Aid put the hot water, oil, sugar and salt and 2 cups of flour and mix for 1 minute. Add the yeast and the rest of the flour, 1 cup at a time. You have enough flour when the sides of your mixer are clean as it mixes.
When the flour is in, mix on high for 8 minutes.
Let the dough rest in the bowl for 5 minutes.
Divide the dough into 2 halves and "spank" each halve. That gets the bubbles out. Plus it helps with any issues you may be having that day!
Round the dough and place it in greased bread pans.
OR...
place 1 halve into a bread pan and spread the other halve out onto a greased jelly roll pan. Make sure it's not too thin in places. It just doesn't bring good results.
Let the dough rise in an oven preheated to 170 for 25 minutes.
If you are doing the jelly roll pan thing, take that out and while you go on to the next step with the bread, melt some butter and spread it out on the dough. Then sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the whole shebang. Put it back in the oven (at 350) for about 20 minutes.
Turn the oven up to 350, without taking the bread out! I usually flip the heat up and set my timer for 30 minutes. The original recipe calls for 25 minutes, but it isn't enough time for me.
Get that stuff out of the oven and enjoy the bread. On the cinnamon sticks you can put your favorite cinnamon roll icing all over. Then use a pizza cutter to slice it up.
Oh the joy of home baked bread!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Hollyween said...

Oh man. That looks so delish!!! I don't have a bosch or a kitchenaid. Isn't that a crime? I'm sure there is a way to do it without one, but it seems like A LOT of work. I do love me some home made bread though. YUM!!!

Crissy said...

Looks Yummy! I added a star so I can find it again :)

Laurie said...

Why would I get my undies in a bunch? I love homemade white bread!!

Kim said...

YUMMY!!! Thank you! I love my Bosch...it's a work horse in the kitchen.