Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Day In The Life.

Monday...No School. One more day of Christmas vacay! Ruthie found a clever way to pick up her heart cut out scraps. Via long stick. We went to Old McDonalds for lunch to play our guts out before hitting the grind again.
Tuesday...Ruthie woke up saying her tummy hurt. Then she puked. I really don't handle that well. I eventually cleaned it up (from my chair at my place at the table) after sprinkling puke be gone on it. It covered up most of the smell....but I still gagged profusely! Seriously. I gagged. Then I dry heaved. Luckily I hadn't eaten. Wasn't that pleasant?! It only lasted a couple of hours before she was up and going and wanting to eat everything in sight. Still don't know what it was.
I went to get gas at a local new Maverick and was astounded at the cost of $2.06/gallon. I stayed in line for 15 minutes to fill up. Luckily!
Wednesday...Today we began the fruits of a Christmas gift. Piano Lessons! Don't let Isaac's face fool you! He loved it! A gal in our ward is teaching them and I am ever so grateful that she agreed to do it.
Daniel and I went in for our 6 month meeting with our adoption case worker. I really didn't want to go. I was really having a bad adoption week. Month. 6 weeks or so. But it was a really good meeting and she showed us how many times our profile has been looked at by registered birth moms. Wow! But until it's our birth mom, we wait.
Gas had gone up at the aforementioned Maverick to $2.36/gallon. Wowzers!
Thursday...We got a game called You Gotta Be Kidding! A version of Would You Rather. Oh so fun! One of Sam's challenges was to drink out of a bowl like a cat. As you can see, he didn't disappoint.
Friday...Sam wrapped 3 dog tags around his neck and then attached a cable thingy from Isaac's electricity science kit and then attached that to this thing which turns on to conduct that electricity and placed it in the clapper hands. He then clapped the hands while turning on the thingy while it was all attached to him. Silly boy!
No boy was hurt by electricity or anything else in the experiment just mentioned.
Saturday...Cleaning day. As usual. After cleaning and while laundry was going, I put paper up on the walls to demonstrate where I want stuff on the walls. The paper and painters tape is to save my walls from nail destruction and to help in sizing so I can start to purchase frames. I will still need to put all the softening stuff around the room, of course. The walls aren't the only thing I'm working on. There is just so much to do...
Sunday...And can you believe it's still Sunday and I'm actually doing this post?! Well, I'm impressed! After church we all climbed into my bed to watch The Shaggy DA. It's on video and that's where we still have a video machine. After Daniel vacuumed all the popcorn out of the bed, we had dinner on Christmas plates with Christmas cups. We had a short Christmas flashback!
Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I filled my car up with gas at Maverick when it was $2.11! It was a magical moment!

I'm sorry to hear that Ruthie threw up. Especially after our conversation last Sunday!

It looks like it was another fun-filled week at your house!

Kates said...

I love the barf-bowl next to the couch! We do that too. "If you're going to spew, spew into this..."

Crissy said...

Oh man! Sorry to hear about Ruthie getting sick! Never fun.
You need to tell me who teaches piano next time I see you!

Kim said...

Ugh! Cleaning up barf!! Good think she bounced back so quickly!

I remember being mad that we had to go to those 6-month visits. I secretly hoped each time that it was a guise to get us in there to tell us that we were finally picked. Maybe that's how it will actually happen for you - but earlier than your next 6-month visit, I hope!

I think the paper on the walls looks great - for where you are going to put your wall stuff. Very balanced.

Have a wonderful rest of your week!