Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday Something.

I wanted to title this something snazzy to catch your attention. But, what the heck?! It's a post from me! Of course you're gonna read it. And this is a good one, too. I found this juicy laundering tidbit from THIS blog. And I've been giving it a try since she posted it. And now I'd like to share it with you! This is 1 part fabric softener and 2 parts water and some sponge halves. Instead of putting however much fabric softener you put in each load, you throw the sponges into your dryer. Here's how it works...
I started with 6 sponges and 3-4 capfulls of softener and the aforementioned 2 parts of water accordingly. I started with 2 sponges, wrung out, in the first load going into the dryer. Now this was very difficult for me. I am a fabric softener junkie. Oh yes. I am. And when that first load came out I smelled it first thing! And it didn't smell. It was like I had just washed a load with only detergent and no softener or dryer sheets. Oh, and these should take the place of the dryer sheets. So the next load I put 4 sponges in. Ahhhh.... Much better. So I used far fewer caps of softener with the appropriate amount of water and it has gotten me through many many many loads of laundry. So even though I would really love to go back to using a half capful with each load (minus towels, obviously) I will stick with this. Maybe I'll even go to 6 sponges in each load. It's cheap. It's easy. And I love the way my hands smell when I do laundry!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

That is a cool trick! I have one of those Bounce dryer bars, could I use the sponge mixture with that or wait until it's gone?

Jennie said...

Hey, Laurie. I would probably wait until it's gone. See you Saturday!

Kim said...

Oh I can smell it now! What a great tip!