Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Thought For Thursday.

Have you ever met a Mama Bear? Well, it's nice to meet you. Cause that's what I am. A Mama Bear. It comes out whenever my children, or my husband, or my home, or anything or anyone I hold dear and/or sacred, comes under attack. This Mama Bear has gone in to battle and to defend when my children or my family as a whole have been attacked. But this Mama Bear doesn't discriminate. This Mama Bear is just waiting. Watching. Don't mess with the Mama Bear! Seriously! Don't!

Today's thought is mine and is one I have shared before and it goes right along the Mama Bear line.

"You are your child's first and last line of defense"

If you don't protect and defend your children, who will? We live in perilous times. The family is under attack. Our homes must be a Fortress of protection. We must put on the Full Armor Of God each and every time we leave that Fortress. We must, as mothers, defend and protect our own. We are their first and last line of defense. Our baby cubs are our most precious asset. After all, we wouldn't be Mama Bears without them.

Your challenge from this day forward is to put on the Full Armor Of God, keep your Fortress protected, and be the best Mama Bear you can be!

Thank you for reading.

5 comments:

Ken and Lori Banta Family said...

Dang I missed all the excitement, or drama...or whatever it was! You go girl! I am so glad that you are in the calling you are it...we all need a Mama Bear as the Primary Pres! I miss working with you :)

Crissy said...

LOVE it!! I am right there with ya! Grrrrrr!!! ;)

Single Women Adopting Children said...

I too am a mama bear. We have to be....it's our job!

Laurie said...

Totally agree. "Mama Bear" is the reason for all the female feistiness!

Kim said...

I'm right there with you - I'm even protective of my older sister! I can't take it when the people I love are attacked - that's just crossing the line. That's our job and we're stinking to it.