Monday, January 18, 2010

A Day In The Life.

Monday...Mmm. I baked bread for, um, us to eat, and put some dough into a jellyroll pan and made cinnamon sticks for our FHE treat. Thanks to Tif for sharing this fun and easy way to make cinnamon rolls.
Tuesday...I had lunch with my good friend Kim. Maybe some day we'll go to China together. Sam stayed after school for a fun "club" called Mathaletes. I'm so thrilled he wants to do math! I found this clock at Kohl's and knew it was MINE, ALL MINE. Until I took it off the shelf and turned it upside down and looked at the price. $140 is just a tad bit much. I'll be working on getting this baby home to my family room wall soon!
Wednesday...While doing homework, my boys have an opportunity to earn M&Ms as they do math problems, write spelling words, answer questions, etc. With all the M&Ms Sam earned, Isaac and I made this guy! The second week of piano lessons went well! Yay!
Thursday...Ruthie chose to run away from home. She came and told me she was leaving. I asked if I could do anything to help. She said she had it under control. So she went and packed. She had a blankie, some books, a notepad, a pen, a marker, and some notes (homework). I asked where she was going. She didn't know, but would probably camp for a few days then see where that takes her. I gave her an apple and she left. She camped in her room for a while and then started to send me letters. Oh, the letters made me cry and miss her so much. So I wrote a letter to her asking her to come back home.
She did!
Friday...The kids wanted to have a movie night. Somehow the case got stuck on the top of the wall. Isaac shot at it with his his Nerf gun and it just got stuck to it. Another shot to the other side finally knocked it off. Sam went on a fun field trip and I was able to see that wonderful family get baptized.
Saturday...The newly painted wall. One small bump with the vacuum and the whole thing crumbled. Seriously. Daniel is getting it ready for me to paint again. I did our Primary teacher training with my presidency and Isaac got to go to a "late night" birthday party.
Sunday...Daniel went down to get some potatoes for dinner. He opened the box where these taters were sealed up tight. Seriously. Tight. They were bubbling. Gross. We went to visit grandma and grandpa! Yay!
Hope you had a terrific week!

7 comments:

Kates said...

Ruthie running away; priceless! And I loved the DVD stuck on the wall with the nerf dart on it. Nice shot! Sean would be proud!

Crissy said...

That is so cute! She wrote you letters! What a sweet girl :) wishing you luck on finding a pot of money for that clock! I think it would look perfect in your house too!

Jen said...

That clock is awesome! Good luck saving and those potatoes...ick.

Kim said...

Eeeewww potatoes!! I thought they had to breathe and that's why they were sold in those holey potato sacks. But I put mine in the cold storage room in those sacks and they still mold and go soft. Ick!

Ruthie running away is very funny! I'm glad you convinced her to "come back home". That was a very cool M&M man. Nice shot with the nerf gun!

Have you tried TJ Maxx for clocks, picture frames, and accessories? They have great stuff sometimes and most of it is priced really reasonably. I heart TJ Maxx.

Those cinnamon sticks look YUMMY! I have to try those now!

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Love the clock but agree with you- too much. So cute the running away story. Thankfully she knows she's got it good where she is.:)

Hollyween said...

I remember running away too. It's more fun if you choose to do it in the summer though.

EW on the potatoes.

You are such a better mom than me -- doing m&m's with homework? Excellent idea.

Laurie said...

Ruthie cracks me up!! I love that she ran away to her room. Love how your family room is coming together! Hope that clock finds its way to your house!