Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Baby Will Be Born.

I wanted to share what we talked about last night at our adoption class. I know I didn't post anything about last week's class. So I'll address that, too.

Last night we were talking as a group before starting class, with Daniel commenting on a broken down looking hearse in a driveway down the street with a brand new shiny casket in it. We wondered what was up with that. Hmmm. Then another couple started to talk about movies. Then we talked about summer vacations. It was the most relaxed this group has been since we've started meeting. I thought these couples might start getting together outside of the class to have dinner or just talk. So far that hasn't been the case. After class, one other couple stayed after with us to talk to our guest speaker about their own family's experience with international adoption. It was fun to get to know them a little more.

And speaking of our guest speaker!! Wow. She was so fun. She is a cousin to the adoptive man who teaches our class. She was adopted from Korea in the late 70's by a couple who had 2 (living) biological children. Later they adopted a son from Korea. It was fun to hear her experience and her attitude toward adoption. She is completely opposite of Ruthie in personality, but I got some great information from her. I told her I would like to just take her home with me so I could pick her brain. She said if I fed her dinner she'd come anytime. So I'm gonna call her and invite her to dinner with our family. Then I'll pick her brain.

Last night we spent the first half hour talking about last week's class. We had a birth parent panel with 2 birth moms and a birth grandma. It was interesting to hear their experiences and how the experience has touched their lives. Because of the personal and very private information that was shared, I can only share my own feelings about that class. I had started a post about it last week, but it was too much of a personal post. So I didn't put it on. To sum up what I got from the class....I am looking forward to meeting our birth mom. I know the sacrifice she will be making is more than I could ever do. These young women receive all they need to have on so many levels from the agency. I know we are in the right place at the right time. I have personally been prepared for this experience and I can't wait to have it!

Next week will be our last class. We have just a few more things to talk about. After that we will have our homestudy visit and then when our profile is ready, it will go on-line. Then we will begin another wait for a baby who will be born. That baby will come to us through another's sacrifice. That baby will be coming to a family who will love him and who will no doubt get spoiled by his older siblings! That baby will have an eternal family with a mommy a daddy 2 big brothers and a big sister. And if all goes as currently planned, he will have a little sister in the near future.

2 comments:

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Thanks for posting! Wow- I wish I could have attended....would have loved it.

So- you are using "he" are you asking for a boy? I like how the post read - a baby will be born....power of postive thinking. He (or she?) will. I am so excited for you. I have a bassinet if you want it....my friend said I could give it to whomever I wanted and thought of you first. Let me know. It's pretty nice.

Crissy said...

So excited for you, Jennie!!