Monday, May 4, 2009

A Picture A Day.

Another week already?! Last week was a long and busy one. We had our Primary Talent Show, had the 7 year anniversary of my brother's death, celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary, had a bridal shower, had a new baby niece born who needs lots of prayers for all the upcoming surgeries and to have kidney function, had a date night, had to prepare lots of stuff for a special Sharing Time in Primary and other prep for the info to go out to parents. Whew! I got home from church yesterday, ate a few spoonfulls of mac and cheese from the pot, drank a diet pepper, opened my bedroom window, turned on the ceiling fan, got under the covers, turned on Singing In The Rain and fell asleep! Sorry about choir, Holly! I was beat.

So here is the week on a more fun level. I am not doing so hot with the picture thing. I will try to be better. But I give no guarantees! Here we go...


Monday...I cleaned Ruthie's room. Did I forget to mention that above? It looks awesome now and when I get the family room all painted and done, I'm moving on to paint her room. We also got her a new bookshelf. We were using an old crate.
Tuesday...I don't really remember Tuesday. Except that I was trying to get everything ready for the Talent Show the next night. And we had our adoption class. This is a picture Ruthie made for her dear old mom. I love getting pictures from my kids!
Wednesday...The Talent Show. Kids came. Kids performed. It was awesome! Isaac made a race car with Legos to display and Ruthie did some watercolor pictures. Sam did a flying leap onto the tumbling mat after he said he wasn't going to jumprope and didn't want to do anything. I must admit, he does a mean flying leap! I'm so proud everyone got to witness it. The pictures Daniel took have middle names and last names and I'm just way too lazy to go and try to cover them up. I do have limes in my fruit bowl, however. I love limes. Enjoy!
Thursday..Recovering...And cleaning out the boys' room. WOW! It was in desparate need. It took me all day, so I didn't get a shower until 4:30. It was also our official anniversary day.
Friday...I make a blankie for each of my babies. Sam came and got in bed to cuddle with me before getting ready for school. I asked if he was ready to gently place his blankie into the blankie box in the basement. He nodded his head. This is his "Last Hug" for his blankie. I told Daniel I was going to put it in the box and he told me to just let him keep it. I want them each to have at least a small part of their blankies when they are older. I guess we will just have string and fuzz left of this one. Daniel took the day off and we both went into the doctor to get our adoption physicals done. The doctor was amazed at how little he had to do for this one. The China one required blood work and surgery history and so much other stuff. We went to the Prairie Schooner for dinner that night and then out to see Wolverine. This was also the day Rebecca was born and taken right into surgery.
Saturday...We had a downpour and the little birds came to our porch for cover.
Sunday...For my almost sister in law's shower Saturday night, I brought pink and brown Whoppers. They looked so pretty.
Well, I don't know about you, but I'm tired just thinking about all I did last week. I'm glad it's over. This week will be much calmer. Except that I need to deep clean the bathrooms this week. But after that I just have my room to do. Then I get to paint the family room!!

4 comments:

Crissy said...

Great pictures, Jennie! Love the one of Ruthie in her room! Such a cute room!
I will keep your little niece in my prayers. I hope she gets better quickly.

Anonymous said...

Whew, and I thought my week was busy! I got to see baby Rebecca yesterday and she is beautiful! - Katie

Single Women Adopting Children said...

Wow- so busy! I don't know how you do it all! keep me updated on the adoption.....love the pink & brown whoppers- where did you get them?

Kim said...

Wow! Your Sunday WAS exhausting! Hope your week went better!