Friday, May 1, 2009

A Red Letter Day.

This morning I was just lying in bed dreaming of the possibility of falling back to sleep and knowing I wouldn't. Then my girl came running into my room crying and saying, "I felt my tooth and feels like it's not in place and when I touch it, it moves. Whaaaa...." I jump out of bed and give her a hug and tell her it's okay. It's a loose tooth. I asked which one. It's a bottom front. Perfect. Those are the right ones to come out first.
She was still pretty scared. Isaac came in and put on "Awesome Big Brother" attitude and showed her with his hands how the permanent tooth comes up and pushes the baby tooth up and out. And then comes the really good part...The Tooth Fairy! They both left my bedroom happier and more at ease. I laid back down and Daniel mentioned the Drama!! I mentioned that he's lucky he only has her Drama to deal with. I'm not like that at all. He just laughed.

So Ruthie is now asking what food she can eat and how it will affect her loose tooth. I love the nervousness of a first loose tooth. I hope there isn't any blood when it falls out. Because that will be DRAMA!

5 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

I can't believe its time to start loosing teeth. Our babies are growing up way too fast.

Single Women Adopting Children said...

So cool! Yes - Daniel is lucky you are not a drama queen:)

Jen said...

Ick! I hated loosing teeth! I feel for Ruthie.

Crissy said...

How Fun!! What an exciting time! Sarah has one that really needs to be yanked out soon.

Kim said...

How exciting that she is losing her first tooth! That is hilarious about Daniel and the "drama".