Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Here...

It's May 29. It's Friday. It's a short day. It's the last day of school. I have been dreading/looking forward to this day since the end of last August. I knew it would come. It's finally here.

So where does this leave me? I don't have to do homework anymore. No more making kids read for 20 minutes every day. No more making boys get dressed before I count to 50 so we won't be late. No more homework. No more enforcing early morning teeth brushing. (They will still have to brush, just not till 10 or so) No more "Hurry and eat or your eggs will get cold/cereal will get mushy!" No more homework. No more rushing to get back from running errands so I can be at the school for kid pick up on time. No more watching over projects that the teachers think the kids will do on their own. (Hah!) No more homework. No more lot of things.

I now have 3 kids to entertain every day for 3 months. I now will have a messy house all day every day for 3 months. I now will have muddy floors from kids who have been playing in the water and then play in the dirt and then come right in the house. I now will have to buy popsicles every week to keep up with the popsicle fetish. I now will have to try to persuade my kids that reading is still fun and they really should do it. I now will have temperatures in the 90's on up to contend with. Heat makes me cranky. Really cranky. At least we won't have any homework. I am now looking forward to August 24.

I am going to fill my summer with lots of diet pepper to keep any sense of sanity. I have 4 hours and 15 minutes left to enjoy. I better get to it!

No comments: